Kids Cafe MonitorView more opportunities from this organization
Topeka Various Sites 215 SE Quincy Street | Topeka, KS 66603 | Shawnee County
Dates: 11/08/2017 to 5/18/2018
sign in or register to volunteer.
As part of our response to childhood hunger, Harvesters offers Kids Cafe to after-school programs serving children in eligible areas. Kids Cafe provides nutritious after-school meals, and offers exciting learning activities to help develop good eating habits to last a lifetime. The Kids Cafe Monitor Volunteer will be monitoring sites where we serve the meals to make sure the sites are operating safely and according to our guidelines.
• Volunteers must be dependable
• Ability to pass child safety background check
• You will need to provide your own transportation – but you will be reimbursed at a rate of $.53 per mile (under 100 miles per day).
• Must be an independent worker
• Critical thinking skills
• Experience with government food service is a plus
• 1 hour provided by Government Programs Manager at Kids Café site location prior to start.
• After School (~3:00pm to 6:00pm) - 1 hour service within range
• 2-10 hours per week
Background check required.