Court Appointed Special AdvocateView more opportunities from this organization
501 SE Jefferson, Ste. 2002 | Topeka, KS 66607 | Shawnee County
sign in or register to volunteer.
|Requirements:||21+, training and background checks|
|Description:||CASA volunteers are appointed by judges to advocate for the best interests of abused and neglected children in court and other settings. Responsibilities may include:
* Gather information: Review documents and
records, interview the children, family members
and professionals in their lives.
* Document findings and appear in court: Provide
written reports at court hearings. Advocate for the
child’s best interests and provide testimony when
* Help the child understand the court proceedings.
* Seek cooperative solutions among individuals and
organizations involved in the children’s lives.
* Ensure that the children and their family are
receiving appropriate services and advocate for
those that are not immediately available.
* Bring concerns about the child’s health,
education, mental health, etc. to the appropriate
Background check required.