Greet and Guide Blood Donors at Local Blood Drives - Wichita AreaView more opportunities from this organization
707 N. Main | Wichita, KS 67201 | Sedgwick County
sign in or register to volunteer.
|Requirements:||• Qualifications o Ability to display the utmost professionalism and communication skills o Extremely comfortable working with people from diverse communities and backgrounds|
|Description:||Provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service to enhance the blood donor experience. Engage with blood donors to promote blood donation and set the stage for a long-term commitment to regular blood donations. Express gratitude and ensure each blood donor is sincerely thanked for their donation.
o • Greet donors, explain the donation process as necessary and assist with initial intake and hand offs through the blood donation process
• Manage donor flow at temp taking station to ensure only donors passing temp screen are permitted access.
• Explain purpose of temperature screen to donors and ensure they understand reason for deferral if applicable.
• Direct donor to next step of donation or options for future donations if deferred.
• Model excellent customer service behaviors.
• Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately while creating a favorable impression of the blood donation process.
• Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values
• Provide customer service to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for his/her contribution. Report possible adverse post-donation physical reactions to the collections staff.
• Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas, and Donor Areas/Beds as requested
• Work with collections team supervisor or charge staff to match donor’s blood type with the best product for maximum impact
• Responsible to inform donors of current and upcoming donation promotions
• May make reminder/cancellation calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed
Background check required.